April 1, 2010

Re: Food For Thought For "Malaysianchessaffairs"

So, someone has reacted to this blog already. OK, it's just a personal attack made on impulse, but it's a reaction anyway, and I'm obliged to respectfully respond since he made an effort to get his point across (but failed, as you will soon see). Well, I guess just this time I'll have to do some copy-pasting:

Blunder 1 : "Norazlin Juarih, went so far to call the idea of prearranging a game cheating."

My Answer: Prearranged draw is considered a form of cheat according to wikipedia., I just commenting on that lah ...so.. your definition that is not a cheat is based on what? If you have problem with the definition.. sue Wikipedia lah...:) Refer WIKIPEDIA

Already you have failed to understand what I was saying. You have to give reasons for why you think you are right. Elaborate on why the pre-arranged draw is a cheat. Pointing me to another sentence (which, by the way, is from a site which anyone can edit) that calls it cheating is not a form of elaboration. In addition, in case you do not know, Wikipedia is filled with mistakes, usually due to misinformation or vandalism since it is edited by the public. Hence, it is unreliable except to those who need to find the definition of a word in an encyclopedia (Question: What is a dictionary for?). In addition to that, I'm not a lawyer, but I'm very sure that Wikipedia is not liable to be sued for wrong information.

My definition of cheating does not matter because I'm not calling a fixed draw a cheat. Anyway, just to satisfy you, I'll give you a simple, non-wiki definition of a cheat: Someone who breaks rules or the law, usually for personal gain. Now it's far from perfect if you look at it from a lawyer's point of view, but it's clear cut and understood by the average person with average intelligence. And I repeat, do not respond to my efforts of typing out an article myself by replying with copy-pasted references to something that everyone has access to.

Blunder 2: "He goes on to whine that he was once a victim of such 'cheating', how he would have gotten a better placing if the game ended decisively."

My Answer: It was not me who went whining as a victim of such cheating... can you prove it? which line in my POST indicated that I once a victim of this cheating? Maybe you have brain damage. that you are unable to read things properly and suffers from delusional.. pity you...:). After all, the blogger who claimed he was cheated not me la.... other person la... go figure.....:)

You edited your post. Anyone who saw it before then would not suddenly forget about it now. But alright, that's good. Nice to see that I'm already having influence on other bloggers to take back their words.....:)?

Blunder 3 : "I found that you condemned Norazman in the Titiwangsa event, and then went on to urge others to read Norazman's side of the story. Make up your mind. Hypocrite."

My Answer: I think you better learn to read and understand English.. Actually, in my my criticism was more towards the organizer instead of Azman himself....:)

Your English sucks. You can't even understand what you said. Read the second and last article of your own post. And please don't edit it after this and pretend you said nothing of the sort.

My Advice To This BLOGGER

1. You maybe a strong player but seriously you just show how low you are....

I'm giving my opinion. I'm entitled to it, just like you. Only difference is that mine makes sense. And is relatively original. I'm not any lower than you are.

2. Pre arranged draw / pre arranged match in any sports is a cheat no matter how you try to justify it.. The end does not justify the mean....

You're not giving your reasons to why. I'd like to repeat that people pay to enter tournaments, so they can do what they want to get a placing, and as long as they don't break any rules, that's not cheating. Unsporting at the very most. Yeah, and don't jump the gun by sarcastically suggesting 'accidentally' killing your opponent. You know what I meant.

3. Please check your facts before criticizing others...

I did.

4. Take a break from chess.. as your brain is badly damaged by it.....:)

You also need to find something to call me other than brain damaged. Did you not read my welcome note? Or do you not understand the implication of 'occasionally'?

P/S: I know who you are...:)

That's great. Why don't you tell everyone then? Post it on your blog. I'm sure many people are dying to find out. Alright, I know you won't. Because you're afraid that you're wrong, and all hell will break loose if you're wrong, and I'm sure you know it. I'm just insulted that you really thought I didn't. That was a pathetic bluff. You do not want to go to war with me. You will lose. Go figure.

I did say, I expect substance in any feedback I receive. Alright, maybe I didn't. But I implied it.